- The world’s largest financing transaction for a solar power project (US$600 million).
- 11,000,000 man-hours without major incident.
- Shams 1 the largest solar project in the world.
- Project Finance magazine awarded it “Middle East Renewable Energy Deal of the Year 2010”.
- Registered on September 8, 2009 at the United Nations as a Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project eligible for carbon credits.
- The first CSP plant to be registered under CDM
- The third CDM project in the UAE and the second for Masdar.
- CDM project validation and approval was achieved in 14 months, well within the current benchmark of 12-15 months, even with a revision to the existing CDM methodology.